Junior Geologists and Field Technicians
Burgex Mining Consultants is currently looking for Jr. Geologists and Field Technicians for part-time or contracted work. This is not currently a full-time position, however opportunity for promotion may become available. If you like being outdoors and hiking this is an opportunity to get paid for doing those activities. We are looking for individuals who have a sound understanding of geology, a willingness to do field work doing labor, and work well in a team setting.
About the Role:
The Jr. Geologist works with minimum direct supervision, providing a range of logistic and operations support to the team. The role encompasses both generalist field support tasks (e.g., camp set-up, basic maintenance, safety procedures) and specialized tasks (e.g., Know how to use a GPS, Technical writing (permits), GIS mapping). Burgex is willing to train on technical specifics, but an ideal candidate will already possess the skills and requirements listed below.
The work environment can vary widely based on geographic region and terrain. The Jr. Geologist spends most of their time outside and can be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Burgex is based out of Sandy, UT; however, most of the field work will be conducted in the Western United States. Join us today and become a key part of our growing team while doing something you enjoy.
- Must be able to hike long distances in remote environments
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivator
- Be comfortable working alone outside
- Have basic mechanic skills (i.e.: field repairs)
- Be a team player
- Know how to use a GPS
- Know basic first aid
- Be able to hike for 8+hrs a day, for multiple days
- Know the principles of off-roading and 4WD
- $250.00 - $350.00 per day
P.E. Mining Engineer
- Mentor other staff mining engineers
- Build mine plans in Carlson / CAD and other software
- Conduct cost modeling exercises
- Review engineering work and provide feedback
- Work with Geology and/or finance team on PEA, PFS, and FS studies
- Pay is hourly and negotiable, but other arrangements could be made as needed.
The Burgex Finance Director is a key leadership position and has full responsibility for managing the company’s finance and accounting functions. The Finance Director reports directly to the Burgex CEO and supports all other departments and functions.
- Performs all necessary accounting and finance functions including:
- Payroll and sub-contractor payments.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable.
- Directing financial planning and strategy.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
- Overseeing tax functions. (outsourced)
- Developing and implementing accounting policies.
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Training accounting staff (when additional staff is necessary).
- Reviewing departmental budgets.
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk.
- Analyzing financial data.
- Managing internal controls.
- Mining industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Financial management experience.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Commensurate with experience.
Burgex is currently seeking an individual for a full-time Landman Associate position. Burgex offers flexible scheduling. Work will take place in office and work from home opportunities may be available after initial onboarding/training. It is necessary for this individual to be detail oriented, solution-focused, and organized. Applicants should be self-starters who also work well in a team setting. The ideal candidate also has the following skillset:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- A basic understanding of GIS software and a willing and able to learn attitude
- Experience with Landman work in the mining industry
While not a requirement, preference will be given to those that are a professionally qualified Landman.
Work With Us
At Burgex Mining Consultants, we seek
Careers - Application
Ready to join the team?
We are excited to have you onboard.