Senior / Professional Geologist
Benefits: 401K, short-term incentive structure, open collaborative office space, consistently growing company with over 10 years in business.
Base Salary of $85K+ Salary (commensurate with experience)
The Burgex Professional Geologist role is a dynamic position working within the many aspects of the mining industry from exploration through operations. We are looking for someone who has a sound understanding of economic geology, a willingness to do field work and has a can do, will do, team player attitude. This position will be conducted primarily in our Sandy, UT office location with occasional field-work travel.
- Perform and coordinate greenfield exploration activities on behalf of clients
- Build geologic models through analyzing and interpreting drillhole data
- Contribute to the design, budgeting, permitting, and execution of field programs
- Conduct and direct sampling and drilling programs
- Write exploration permits
- Write technical reports
- Supervise contractors while implementing plans in a safe and sustainable manner. Ensure that work is completed in accordance with the Company and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Build and further develop the team’s capacities through training and mentoring more junior exploration staff in industry best-practices and exploration methodologies.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in geology from an accredited university or institution
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in mineral exploration or economic geology, not including graduate study.
- Possess a valid PG license
- An excellent understanding of geologic fundamentals, ore systems, and mineral exploration processes.
- Core-logging and rock unit identification experience
- Experience interpreting datasets collected, and providing proposals for the further advancement of projects.
- Experienced in building geologic models with geologic modeling software.
- Experience carrying-out exploration activities such as geologic mapping, geochemical sampling programs, and coordinating drill-testing of targets.
- Experience providing geological interpretations and recommendations aligned with company objectives and strategies.
- Experience preparing timely, accurate and detailed reports, maps, plans and sections.
- Background in assisting with project appraisals, critically assessing data for accuracy and making objective assessments on exploration potential.
General Knowledge & Experience:
- Economic Geology
- Mineral Exploration
- Technical report writing
- Permitting of exploration and mining projects in the United States
- Proficient with geologic modeling software (such as Leapfrog, RockWorks, Vulcan, etc.)
- GIS software
Work With Us
At Burgex Mining Consultants, we seek
Careers - Application
Ready to join the team?
We are excited to have you onboard.